Home Carer Jobs at Harino Care
Our Home Carers are the heart and soul of our communities.
Through continuous growth we are now recruiting Carers across West Berkshire and Oxfordshire to be the face of care in our local community. Join your local care team today.
Harino Care is an organisation which provides personal care and home support to clients in their own homes. Applicants will need to hold a full driving licence and have the right to work in the UK. Having own car is a beneficial.
Home Carer Role
- Our Carers plays a vital role in the lives of their clients. Key responsibilities include supporting individuals in their own homes with their care requirements, while promoting independence.
- Each visit typically lasts from 30 minutes to a few hours – we do NOT do 15 minute calls. You’ll be expected to travel to clients based across the region, so a full valid UK driving license is essential. Sleep ins and waking night are also available time to time.
A Typical Day as an Home Carer
- Hourly visiting carers provide home care support for a number of clients. A typical day will see a Carer provide personal care, domestic assistance and companionship to a number of people.
- You will be expected to assist with your clients’ personal care, such as help getting out of bed, support with continence care, washing and dressing; as well as help around their house, looking after things such as the housework and mealtime. You will also be expected to assist your clients’ with their medication.
- Another important part of your role is to provide good company for your clients. You will become someone to talk to and someone to listen to and must treat your clients with dignity, patience and compassion at all times.
Qualifications and Training
- There are no specific qualifications or training necessary to qualify you for the role when you apply. An NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care would be desirable, but is not essential.
- Some of our very best carers came from a background where they had no previous experience at all. One of the most important parts of the role is engaging with the client; chatting, listening and maybe even helping them with their correspondence so your English language skills need to be first rate.
All successful candidates, irrespective of their previous experience, will complete our comprehensive induction training course with Harino Care – when you get out and about into your communities helping people live independently is when our carers tell us they get the most job satisfaction.
If you require any more information or just want to have a chat about the care services we offer please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Alternately if you are looking for work in care we are very keen to hear from you!
Harino Care Limited (Registered office)
Unit 10 Chiltern Enterprise Centre, Station Road, Theale, RG7 4AA
tel. 0118 930 6120
Harino Care Limited Registration Number: 8775701